Tuesday, May 19, 2009

What a weekend! Lingerie, diets and other important crap

Well, I was attempting a detox-diet the past 3 days. It’s a great idea in theory. You buy and consume only organic, whole foods for a week along with trying to relax and keep yourself stress free and allow your body to expel all the toxins you ingest with processed and non-organic foods.
I guess all the preservatives and dyes you consume, along with gluten and sugars affect some people in really bad ways. I know I am lactose intolerant, so I can dig this whole thing.
I recommend it actually. I personally almost cracked on the second day, I’m on the third now and it’s tough. (Lactose intolerant or not I am a BIG fan of cheese). I don’t need to lose weight, but I was curious to how much more energy I would have, along with less stress and all that, the lack of coffee is killing me too. OY VEY! Green tea is great and all but I'm not allowed coffee until sunday, you better believe I'll drink a pot of it and annoy the world with my buzz!!!

My favorite blog for vintage lingerie: a slip of a girl has some great finds as usual. I don't know how she finds the stuff, but she's got one heck of an eye!

Beyond that, yesterday I found an AUTHENTIC mid 1940’s bullet bra. The stitching is there, the wire, the boning and the rubber elastic. Seriously, this is 100% sweater girl type stuff. Its in excellent condition, amazingly it is completely wearable. Its cut low in the front so you can go as lowcut as you want – even a Marilyn Monroe halter-top!

Pictures will be coming soon.
I also found this past weekend a beautiful nightie with ruffled strappy sleeves, a MovieStar Peignoir with tons of lace, chiffon and a pretty satin ribbon and ANOTHER yellow chiffon nightie.
(I don't know what it is with me finding yellow stuff lately, it seems the last 5 gowns I bought have been yellow!)

Today I'm hoping to photograph them and share them on my flickr account as well as post them up on my Etsy.