Wednesday, January 20, 2010

new semester

Why is it that my dog looks at me like I'm speaking Tswana when I call him to come inside at 6 in the morning?

Its cold, too early for any normal person to be awake, and I have to bribe him with food to get him to stop barking and come inside, and that doesn't even work half the time.

Typically it goes something like this:
Me: "Arthur! Get in here! (whistle)..."
Dog: *blank stare*
Me: "want a puppy treat? C'mon! Lets go!" in a falsely cheery tone
Dog: *blank stare*
Me: "arthur get your ass in here or I'm going to beat you!"
Dog: *blank stare*
Me: "ARTHUR, GET IN HERE NOW" by this time I'm sure the neighbors are contemplating calling the ASPCA or the police. The ones without dogs anyway.
Dog: *slight head tilt and nose twitch*

I have an 8am class, which will probably prove to be one of my bigger mistakes of my college career, getting up at 5:30 am is not one of my favorite things.

My godson once said in his impeccable 4-year-old logic: "its too early to be up! the sun isn't awake yet"

He is a wise little boy - nobody should be up this early, at least not in the wintertime.

Why in the hell do they offer classes this early anyway, I highly doubt there is going to be anyone awake enough to absorb all this information - the 10 of us that show up after the first week of classes that is. I am one of those morons who will be at class no matter what...everyday.

Eh well. another semester begins.