Tuesday, March 23, 2010

I heart dogs...too much

This past week I was watching the National Geographic Channel's "Dog Town" and two things happened.

1. I fervently hoped that Michael Vick dude is a dung beetle in his next life
2. I really wanted to take home all of the dogs, or at least 2 or 3 of them and love them to pieces.

I remember my sister telling me about Best Friends Animal Society, and I did a quick search and browsed their website. After about 20 minutes and seriously debating if I could handle another dog in my house (the adoption section)

I came to the conclusion, after much mental math and space estimation that there would be absolutely no way I could fit another dog into my house or my schedule.
- SOOOO....I became a dog sponsor!



This is BEANS. (I loved the name - "beans" is Arthur's nickname!)

As I've mentioned in previous posts, I absolutely LOVE dogs. Especially big, slobbery, happy, 80+ pound dogs. If it was up to me, I would have a dozen of them.

Arthur has made my life so much happier.
Even when I am really pissy, he will come over and look up at me with his one lip rolled under his lip and his ear folded back - and it never fails to make me laugh.

Yea, he snores, drools, wipes his drool on my lap (which consequently looks absolutely disgusting if I forget about it and it dries....) he sheds, barks at little kids and old ladies when I am walking him (and its only those who pose absolutely no threat to him. Weird dog), he is expensive to feed, he has gas (A LOT of gas)...

I wouldn't trade him for anything. He is the best dog in the universe!

Except for Sebastian, who is also the best dog in the universe. In a decidedly Beagle-like way.
Sebastian is more my fiance's dog. My fiance, by the way, spoils the crap out of Sebastian. I won't get into the arguments over THAT spoiled princess of a dog.

So, a great way to help dogs/cats/birds/even Horses is Best friend sponsorships.

Oh, here are a couple more animals I wanted to adopt:

This is Sebaaastian (LOL!) another animal that needs a sponsor!
Everyone needs a pig. They are cute, have great personalities, and they are super intelligent.

And you must see this!

Have a great day!